Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Investigator I
Purpose of JobPerforms a variety of investigative duties to assist the Enterprise with compliance of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, and other AML program requirements. Responsible for investigating transactional data to report potential money laundering, terrorist financing (ML/TF), and other illicit activities. Participates and supports other AML projects.
This position is available in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Charlotte, NC, Tampa, FL, Phoenix, AZ or Colorado Springs, CO USAA locations.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Utilizes an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) case management tool and other internal software-driven systems to monitor, research, analyze and investigate trends related to member transactional activity.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of financial products, systems, and process in all lines of business to detect suspicious ML/TF activities.
- Conducts moderately complex AML investigations of suspected illicit or ML/TF activity and with guidance makes account closure recommendations as necessary.
- Under supervision, may provide advice or guidance to internal business partners pertaining to ML/TF matters.
- Prepares regulatory reporting in compliance with FINCEN guidance and BSA/AML standards.
- Conducts interviews of members to detect ML/TF patterns and trends in support of the investigative process.
- Communicates with senior leadership, AML legal Counsel, external financial institutions and law enforcement agencies as part of the investigative process.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and provides guidance related to the investigative process.
- Bachelor's Degree. 4 years of experience in addition to the minimum number of years of experience required can be used to substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of financial crimes investigations work related experience to include AML, financial institution or law enforcement data evidence gathering, analysis and decision making.
- Experience, knowledge and application of Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC or other AML regulatory policies.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels of management
- Experience performing analysis on AML functions such as: AML alerts, investigations, transactional analysis and reviewing member profiles.
- Advanced Degree.
- ACAMS, CFE, or CAFP certified.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
- Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize workload with minimal supervision
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300.00 - $108,600.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.