Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Analyst I - Detections
Purpose of JobPerforms a variety of duties to assist the Enterprise with compliance of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, and other anti-money laundering program requirements. Team is responsible for reviewing transactional data to detect and escalate potential suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activities to AML Investigations or AML Special Investigations.
This position is available in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Charlotte, NC, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ USAA locations.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Utilizes an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) case management tool and other internal software-driven systems to monitor, research and analyze trends related to member transactional activity for complex alerts/cases.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of financial products, systems, and processes in all lines of business to aid staff in detecting and analyzing money laundering and terrorist finance activity.
- Assists staff in detecting unusual/out of pattern transactional activity referred to the Anti-Money Laundering Investigations team with analysis and summary of complex findings.
- Understands, applies, and is able to communicate and articulate strong knowledge of BSA, AML, OFAC, and other AML program requirements to the team.
- Acts as a BSA, AML and OFAC subject matter expert (SME) to identify process improvements, respond to inquiries from internal business partners; and develops and presents content to various audiences.
- Keeps abreast of new rules, regulations, and brand/reputation risks to assist in development, implementation and revision of current policies and procedures.
- Identifies, recommends, and executes potential solutions that monitor, detect, or prevent money laundering or terrorist finance activity.
- Produces high quality narratives within Detection alerts and discusses with leadership.
- Produces QA/QC metric dashboards, prepares reports, identifies operational risks, provides feedback, and makes recommendations on action plans.
- Serves as a mentor to staff by providing subject matter expert (SME) coaching and feedback related to AML & OFAC.
- Responsible for identifying and sharing best practices.
- Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years detection/transaction monitoring of account activity, AML, financial crimes, compliance and/or law enforcement experience to include 2 years’ experience applying analytical insights on financial transactions/data for recommendations.
- Advanced application of BSA, AML, OFAC/Sanctions, and other AML regulatory policies.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience applying regulatory or contractual policies and guidelines to complete work deliverables.
- Ability to work alerts in a fast- paced environment while maintaining high quality scores.
- Previous experience using MS Office.
- Experience performing analysis on AML functions such as: AML alerts, investigations, transactional analysis and reviewing member profiles.
- ACAMS, CFE, CRCM or CAFP certified.
- Working knowledge of Actimize.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
- Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Able to collaborate and influence across internal teams and the Enterprise
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300.00 - $108,600.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.