Designer IILocation Austin, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Austin,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0040714 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobExecutes basic design, production and/or coding of marketing tactics and/or graphic user interface needs, under limited supervision. Works closely with key partners/suppliers to ensure quality output and production.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA’S CHIEF DESIGN OFFICE
USAA has been powering innovation with empathy for nearly 100 years. Within the Chief Design Office (CDO), we reaffirm our commitment to build for the future and humanize the digital experience. CDO is comprised of 200+ multi-disciplinary designers, teachers, students, empathizers, explorers, doodlers, and even unicyclists. Spanning three locations (San Antonio, Austin and Plano), we have varied backgrounds across all design disciplines, from self-taught to advanced degrees.
As designers at USAA, we are measured by delivering on our mission: to help facilitate the financial security of our members. With access to millions of USAA members, we craft informed solutions through human-centered design that demonstrate value and meaning based on real needs. We continually engage our business partners and members to ensure we are focused on the right solutions. As technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we recognize the need to not only stay current, but also look beyond, all for the benefit of our members.
This Designer will work with the Auto Insurance Acquisition Design team. They will work closely with business and IT partners to design and build impactful on-line and call center experiences in support of our mission to be the provider of choice for the military community.
- Executes designs, and/or coding of integrated visual/technical solutions.
- Applies a maturing knowledge of design principles, software and processes.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions fulfill requirements.
- Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
- Participates in the creation of design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability testing.
- Contributes to development and improvement initiatives for design processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across projects, programs, products and channels.
- Bachelor's degree or 6 additional years of related design experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in advertising or digital design.
- Developing knowledge of marketing/advertising and/or user experience and/or interactive design principles.
- Intermediate communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience participating on crossfunctional initiatives.
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office and Visio.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Design Thinking experience
- Ability to code an interactive prototype using standard components and templates
- UX Research/Strategy experience
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 11/13/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.