Business Intelligence Analyst IILocation Addison, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Addison,Texas;Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0028029 Date posted Jan. 17, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Business Intelligence Analyst II for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ or Addison, TX facility.
Analyzes business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Gathers business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes working knowledge of multiple data structures and sources to support the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to support the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline in technical field. Four years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required OR A Master's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline OR A PhD in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If Master's degree, Up to 2 years experience in data management or information technology function OR If PhD, 0 years experience in data management or information technology function.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Data/Query Validation
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Experience with one or more of the following: SAS, Business Objects, Tableau, Hadoop, Aginity
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 03/19/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Intelligence Analyst Senior - Information Steward Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Intelligence Analyst I (Auto Data) San Antonio, Texas |
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas