Executive, Security Operations & Investigations
- Job ID
- Date posted
Why USAA?Let’s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Oversees a large, diverse organization responsible for all facets of protecting and securing USAA’s workforce, facilities, and assets across six major campuses and numerous geographically distributed operating locations within the United States and Europe. Accountable for execution of $29M+ annual Operations and Technology budgets supporting four support teams and two major functions; Protective Security and Background Screening Program. Serves as the Bank Security Officer (BSO) for the Federal Savings Bank and the USAA Savings Bank.
- Accountable for strategy development and relationship management which supports USAA’s operational linkages with U.S. government authorities, local and federal law enforcement agencies, and Offices of Emergency Management at all USAA regional locations. Brings Industry perspective to Chief Security Officer (CSO), Enterprise Chief Information Officer (ECIO), Chief Risk Officer, and Incident Management Team (IMT) as warranted
- Serves as an executive liaison to the Domestic Security Alliance Council (DSAC) on behalf of USAA
- Oversees 200+ personnel to include 137 Proprietary Armed Protective Security Officers (PSOs), supported by multiple 24x7 Security Operations Centers (SOC), accountable for protecting 60,000+ workforce
- Serves as the Senior Executive for Private Security Training LLC responsible for overseeing and implementing effective training programs for all Armed Protective Security Officers (PSOs) and Bank Tellers
- Oversees teams that manage and govern the Physical Security Asset Protection (PSAP) program to assess criticality of existing facilities/rooms and new facilities to ensure appropriate security devices/controls are in place based on criticality of assets
- Accountable for an advanced integrated technology suite that enables employee background investigations, access control, video management systems, radio interoperability, alarms, and other capabilities across six major campuses and numerous geographically distributed operating locations within the United States and Europe
- Serves as the Enterprise Incident Commander during all major incidents involving physical threats/incidents
- Owns the end-to-end processes and practices through disciplined execution to enable a sustainable way of working that delivers effective, compliant, and efficient processes and programs
- Drives a strong risk management and compliance culture that includes programs to identify and proactively mitigate risks/threats and rapid response capabilities for workplace violence and medical emergencies
- Author and owner of all Physical Security and Background Investigations policies, standards, procedures, and the associated portions of the Employee and Third-Party Handbooks to include adherence to these documents
- Stays abreast of industry trends and applicable regulations. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, regional, State and Federal regulations
- As the primary owner of affiliate agreements related to Physical Security and Background Screening services, ensures that appropriate agreement terms are in place and executed to the contractually agreed upon levels in order to meet business objectives
- Accountable for stewardship of the organization’s financial and human resources, and assets to ensure operational effectiveness and implement strategies to reduce costs and improve services
- Oversees the strategic relationship between USAA and key suppliers to ensure continuous, effective, and compliant third-party support
- Builds and oversees a team of professionals through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and other managerial activities
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 10 years of progressive experience planning, developing, and executing strategies; managing major initiatives; and delivering results within a large financial institution or complex matrix environment related to Physical Security, Corporate Investigations, Facilities Management, or Operational Risk Management
- 10 years of experience leading large security organizations in the military, or public/private companies
- 6 years of demonstrated people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams.
- Executive-level business acumen with proven experience operating within a complex, regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and apply standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proven experience establishing large scale vision, developing strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus from Senior leaders through effective communication, and driving the vision to closure through effective management of goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating, motivating, influencing, and overseeing geographically dispersed teams and successful oversight of cross-organizational portfolios, programs, projects, and initiatives that achieve enterprise strategic goals.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical and complex analyses to a non-technical audience and the ability to think strategically and tailor appropriate messages to different management levels throughout the organization, e.g., Executive Council and/or Board of Directors
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging threats and changes in the environment and how it impacts security and recovery strategies; adept at assessing risks and making prudent decisions that enables the business to operate in a secure environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, criminal justice, or related areas
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Demonstrated ability to leverage intelligence, identify emerging threats / risks and effectively communicate these to the Enterprise
- Demonstrated experience leveraging interpersonal skills to accomplish multi-organizational tasks
- Experience with firearms training programs and able to meet basic handgun qualification standards
- Three years of leadership experience in a highly regulated environment
- Ten years of experience working for a law enforcement agency, military security organization, or company with armed physical security
- Familiarity with emerging physical security technologies
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) through American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Eligibility to meet the Level III Protective Security Office requirements within the Texas Private Security Bureau guidelines and meet USAA’s PSO standards
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $136,600 - $245,900
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.