Digital Technical Product Management Intern
- Job ID
- Date posted
Why USAA?At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Our internship program lets you showcase your skills, while gaining real-life experience that’ll help you jump-start your career. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, while building enduring relationships in a collaborative culture with their manager and an assigned mentor.
This position is based in San Antonio, TX.
What you'll do:
Under direct supervision and following risk and compliance procedures and guidance, you will perform routine work assignments and problem resolution to support other team members tasks, including the following
- Within defined guidelines and framework, supports the discovery, delivery, and performance of digital and technology products and their experiences for USAA and its members
- Collaborates with internal partners to tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize the customers’ (internal/external) experience with market offerings. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform technology and digital solutions
- Optimizes and improves existing products and experiences across all technology channels and platforms to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Employs Human-Centered Design and Design Thinking methodologies to bring world-class Digital and/or Technology driven products to market
- With direction/oversight, uses Digital or Technology research, business and market intelligence, and data-driven insights to support team members to find opportunities, propose solutions, create and maintain roadmaps, and improve performance
- Acquires, maintains and applies developing knowledge of Technology, UX, Business, relevant experiences and processes, and an academic understanding of Product Management.
What you need to have:
To qualify, you must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at a 4-year accredited college or university, and plan to graduate after the final day of the internship. Most of our interns participate the summer between their junior and senior years. Our 2024 internship will start on May 29, 2024 and last through August 9, 2024.
- Graduation date cannot be prior to August 10, 2024
- 0 to 2 years of related experience and accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/subject area and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Foundational level of business knowledge in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
What sets you apart:
- Academic concentration in Management Information Systems or a related field
- Graduation date between August 11, 2024 and July 2025
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the hourly range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual hourly rate for this role may vary by location. The range for this position is: $22 - $25.
Interns will receive an intern stipend to assist with expenses.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.