Business Intelligence Analyst Senior
At USAA, you’ll be able to align your skillset with our values. Our Data & Analytics team provides crucial insights that benefit our members – active military, those who’ve served and their families. So, when you look beyond the facts and figures, you won’t just find a solution for our business. You’ll find a way to improve the livelihoods and outcomes of our members. See how you can grow a meaningful career with USAA.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Business Intelligence Analyst Senior at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
- Team player
Here's what our people are saying
“USAA helps me create an environment for success for my team, where we can create healthy challenges, drive accountability, feel valued, innovate and build for the future. Every day, I feel blessed to be serving those that have served the country.”
Venkata A.Information Governance
“As a woman in Data Science, I like working for a company that values diversity and inclusion. Additionally, I am a military BRAT and a member of a Gold Star Family, so USAA’s mission is an incredible opportunity to ‘Go Above for those who have Gone Beyond.’ Put simply, coming to USAA feels like coming home.”
Michelle S.Data Scientist
“USAA truly believes in the value of leveraging our data to improve Member experiences. What I work on every day ends up impacting our Members. I am elated to be part of a company where my work is impactful and where my ongoing professional growth and academic pursuits are supported and even promoted.”
David H.Data Scientist
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Business Intelligence Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Intelligence Analyst Senior for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus or Plano Legacy.
Community: Data & Analytics
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Provides system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics or other business-relevant discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function; OR if Advanced degree in a STEM discipline, 4 years’ experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative approaches to address moderately complex business problems and solutions.
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects,
- Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 plus years of Banking experience
- Skilled in using Netezza, Hadoop, Snowflake platforms to inform design of data models and associated data assets.
- Demonstrated reporting experience using Tableau.
- SAS programming experience
- Ability to design and execute data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence models.
- Experience implementing data capabilities to enable Bank privacy.
- Expertise supporting Bank first line controls and compliance testing.
- Experience with 3rd Party contractor program management/financial reporting.
- Direct exposure to Scaled Agile Framework project management practices.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/22/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Information Governance Advisor I – Data Governance (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Manager Senior Information Governance - Bank San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Tampa, Florida
- Information Management Analyst I (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Lead Sensitive Data Security Advisor (Remote) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst II - Open to Remote San Antonio, Texas